My Balance's STRESS RELIEF
According to polls conducted by the American Psychological Association (APA), stress levels in the United States have been pushed to alarming levels as a result of inflation, after the effects of COVID-19 pandemic, and the ongoing war in Ukraine.1
The polls found a lot of people to be stressed by the high cost of everyday items due to the reeling inflation affecting most parts of the world. Energy bills are up, cost of rent has skyrocketed, gas prices have soared, and prices of grocery items are no longer what they used to be. And unfortunately, all these stressors are coming up when the world is still recovering from the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.1
According Compare Camp, Americans are one of the most stressed people in the world, with an average of 55% stressed during the day. Globally, an average of 35% of the population from 143 countries are stressed.2 These are quite frightening numbers, given the fact that we now know from clear evidence on how stress can affect our physical health. Elevated stress hormone (cortisol) levels have been shown to cause problems like reduced immunity, and increased risk of serious problems like stroke and heart attack.3
These days, avoiding the factors that could get you stressed seems to be practically impossible. You could get stressed by your workplace conditions, natural or man-made disasters, relationships, financial issues, and many other problems. Since completely avoiding stress is pretty much impossible, learning to manage it should be everyone’s priority.
Healthy eating, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep are lifestyle changes that can help you manage stress. Others may include relaxation, meditation, and the use of supplements, which are made up of vitamins, minerals, and other phytochemicals that are proven to reduce stress, ease depression, lower anxiety, and tame sleep problems. One of such supplements is My Balance’s Stress Relief, which contain important nutrients such as calcium, some B-group vitamins, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and a proprietary blend that notably features rhodiola extract, ashwagandha, chamomile, GABA, lemon balm, skullcap, hawthorn, bacopa, magnolia, passionflower, valerian root, L-theanine, oat straw, mucuna pruniens, St John’s wort, hops, and 5-HTP.
Calcium plays a role in the activation of cells of the immune system. This is important because high level of stress can consequently increase the amount of cortisol in the body, which can weaken our immune response.4 Clinical research has also linked calcium deficiency to increased depression levels in middle-aged Korean women.5 And unfortunately, depression is already somewhat synonymous to stress.
- B-group vitamins
The B-group vitamins found in My Balance’s Stress relief are vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and biotin. A clinical study published in the Human Psychopharmacology journal, found that intake of high doses of B-complex vitamins can lead to an improved mood through reduced confusion, depression levels, and psychological impairments.6 Another study, found that intake of high doses of B-complex vitamins and mineral supplements can help in managing stress, improving mental health, and increasing cognitive performances.7
- Magnesium and Zinc
- Magnesium deficiency has very similar symptoms to that of stress.8 Its presence in the body has been linked to improved brain functions, which could lower stress and anxiety.9
- Research has found that zinc may be able to temporarily inhibit the secretion of the stress hormone, cortisol.10
- Rhodiola extract: This medicinal plant has been shown by research to possess adaptogenic properties, which may be attributed to its cortisol-reducing property. Adaptogens help reduce stress, anxiety, and fatigue.11
- Ashwagandha: This herb is also a proven adaptogen. It helps control stress mediators and regulate stress responses.12,13
- Chamomile: It contains apigenin, which can help reduce anxiety, depression, and aid sleep.14,15
- GABA: Gamma-aminobutyric acid has been found to reduce stress and enhance sleep, due to its natural calming effect on the brain.16
- Lemon balm: Research has found lemon balm-containing foods to possess stress-reducing properties. This can be seen in its anxiolytic and cortisol-reducing properties.17
- Skullcap: This plant is thought to reduce anxiety and stress levels by stimulating GABA activities.18
- Hawthorn: Research has found the chlorogenic acid from hawthorn berry to possess potential anti-depressive properties by helping prevent stress-hormone induced depressive behaviors.19
- Bacopa: There’s significant evidence that bacopa can help reduce anxiety and stress by reducing cortisol levels.20
- Magnolia: Research-based findings have shown that daily supplementation with a mixture of magnolia bark extract and phellodendron bark extract can help reduce cortisol levels, and thus, stress It can also improve one’s mood and lower fatigue.21
- Passionflower: A study found treatment with passionflower extract in adults patients suffering from nervous restlessness to be effective in reducing stress and improving quality of life.22
- Valerian root: There is evidence that intake of valerian root may positively impact sleep quality, and lower stress, depression, and anxiety.23
- L-theanine: Scientific findings have shown that L-theanine may have great potential in promoting mental health. This has been shown in its ability to fight cognitive impairments and stress-related ailments.24
- Oat straw: In traditional medicine, oat straw has been used to fight conditions like stress, anxiety, and depression.25
- Mucuna pruniens: Research has found intake of Mucuna pruniens seed powder to significantly improve psychological stress.26
- St John’s wort: A well-known antidepressant, St John’s wort possesses neuro-protective effects that can act to reduce stressful conditions.27
- Hops: Research has found daily supplementation with hops dry extract to help in improving symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.28
- 5-HTP: Convincing evidence have shown that 5-HTP has the potential for the use in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. It can also increase rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and limit the occurrence of sleep disorders.29
If you are looking for ways to lower stress in your life, then My Balance’s Stress relief might be just what you have been looking for.
Warmly remind: All above products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.