My Balance Once Daily Multi-Vitamin.
In order for our body to function properly without abnormalities, vitamins and minerals are necessary. Otherwise called nutrients, these vitamins and minerals carry out a host of functions in the human body, ranging from supporting normal cell growth, boosting immunity, ensuring the proper functioning of our various organs, supporting hormone production, and numerous other functions. In fact, deficiency of some of these nutrients in the body could have dire consequences.
For this reason, we must always keep our body nourished with all the required vitamins and minerals. Thankfully, we get most of these nutrients from our foods. However, a significant amount of these nutrients are not derived in the required amounts from these foods, especially these days where refined foods form a major part of our diet. It is for this reason that the idea of multivitamin supplements came into existence. With multivitamins, you are guaranteed to get all the required amount of vitamins and minerals your body needs to function properly in a single capsule.
My Balance’s Once Daily multivitamin contains more than 18 vitamins and minerals that are proven to improve your overall wellbeing. This is in addition to containing other natural plant extracts such as lycopene, stinging nettle, saw palmetto, echinacea extract, spirulina, green tea, cinnamon bark, grape seed extract, pomegranate fruit extract, and numerous other great plant extracts.
Some of the vitamins present in Once Daily multivitamin include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and B-group vitamins in B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12.
- Vitamin A is essential for eye health, and its deficiency could cause night blindness and keratomalacia.
- Vitamin C is involved in strengthening the blood vessels and immune system. It also contributes to wound healing, collagen production, iron absorption, and bone formation. It acts as a great antioxidant. Its deficiency may cause scurvy (bleeding gums), poor wound healing and tissue growth.
- Vitamin D is necessary for the healthy mineralization of bones and teeth. It is also involved in regulating inflammation and immune function. Its deficiency causes rickets and osteomalacia.
- Vitamin E is a great antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress caused by the activity of free radicals. It may also support nail and skin function by preventing cracked cuticles and dry skin respectively.
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine is necessary for the production of various enzymes that work to help break down blood sugar (glucose metabolism). It also plays a key role in nerve and muscle function. Its deficiency is known to cause beriberi and Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome.
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin is involved in the metabolism of the food we eat. It is also necessary for the growth and development of body cells. Deficiency of this vitamin may manifest as inflammation in the lips.
- Vitamin B3 or niacin has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is involved in converting the food we eat into energy and supporting the nervous system. It is also involved in keeping our skin and hair in good condition. Its deficiency is known to cause pellagra.
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid is involved in the production of hormonal compounds. It is also necessary for the production of energy by helping break down fats and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is actively involved in the production of red blood cells. As expected, its deficiency may cause anemia.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin helps the body to breakdown food materials like carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It is also involved in the production of keratin, a protein which makes up our skin, hair, and nails. Deficiency of biotin may cause dermatitis.
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid plays a critical role in the production of DNA and RNA, red and white blood cells. It also plays a role in converting carbohydrates into energy. Its deficiency can negatively affect an unborn baby’s nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin is necessary for the healthy functioning of the nervous system. It also plays an essential role in the production of red blood cells, DNA formation, and cell metabolism. Its deficiency may lead to neurological problems.1
The minerals present in Once Daily multivitamin include calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, and molybdenum.
- Calcium, as we probably all know, is involved in the formation of strong teeth and bones. It is also important in never function, relaxing and contracting the muscles, blood clotting, and immune system function.
- Magnesium is found in our bones. It is essential for protein formation, muscle contraction, nerve transmission, and healthy functioning of the immune system.
- Zinc is a part of many enzymes. It is also needed for making of proteins and DNA. It is also involved in wound healing, sperm production, fetal development, and sexual maturation.
- Selenium acts as an antioxidant in the body. It prevents cell damage by fighting the activity of free radicals in the body.
- Copper is essential for the metabolism of iron. It is also a part of many enzymes.
- Just like copper, manganese and molybdenum are also a part of many important enzymes in the body.
- Chromium, as a trace element, is only needed in small amounts. It is involved in regulating blood sugar by working closely with insulin.2
As a great antioxidant derived from plant sources like tomatoes, lycopene has quite some beneficial effects on the human body. The high antioxidant activity of lycopene can help fight the activity of free radicals which may lead to dangerous conditions like cancer.3 As research has shown, lycopene may be able to slow down the progression of breast and prostate cancer.4
There are also evidences that lycopene may promote heart health. This can be seen in a researched that showed how lycopene may be able to reduce the level of bad (LDL) cholesterol, and increase the level of the good one (HDL).5
- Stinging Nettle
The stinging nettle has great anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, research has shown that when used as a cream, it may be able to reduce the pain associated with arthritis.6 Also, there is growing evidence that the stinging nettle may be able to reduce the symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia. This can be seen in a research where intake of this herb was able to significantly reduce the urination problems that are caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia.7
- Saw Palmetto fruit
Research has shown that this plant has promising properties that may act to prevent hair loss, support prostate health, and improve urinary tract function.8,9,10
- Echinacea extract
The Echinacea herb has been used by native Americans for centuries in traditional medicine. Of course, this comes as no-surprise, since this herb is stocked with great antioxidants like the cichoric acid, rosmarinic acid, and flavonoids.11
Research has shown how Echinacea may be able to boost the body’s immune function. Research found that, this herb is able to achieve this by reducing regulatory T cell number and function.12 There’s also some non-clinical evidence that suggests Echinacea extract may be able to help in regulating blood sugar levels.13,14
This cyanobacteria is loaded with high amount of nutrients. It is no coincidence that this blue-green algae is becoming one of the most active ingredients in many supplements around the world.
When it comes to health benefits, research has shown that it may be able to lower LDL and triglyceride levels, prevent cancer, reduce blood pressure, regulate blood sugar, fight anemia, and improve muscle strength.15
- Grape seed extract
Grape seeds are rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids, anthocyanins, and phenolic acids. The great antioxidant effect of these seeds means they can be effective in fighting and preventing numerous conditions by protecting against tissue damage, oxidative stress, and inflammation.16
Convincing evidence research shows that grape seed extract may be able to reduce blood pressure, prevent oxidative dame, improve collagen production, support brain, kidney function, and prevent cancerous growths.17
- Pomegranate fruit extract
These red fruits are packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and other polyphenolic compounds. There is evidence that polyphenolic compounds may have cardioprotective properties.18 Scientific reviews have also shown that pomegranate fruit may have anti-diabetic, antihypertensive, anti-microbial, and anti-cancer benefits.19
With the amount of vitamins, minerals, and great phytochemicals present in My Balance Once daily multivitamin, you simply don’t have to worry about meeting your daily nutrients need anymore. Taking just 2 capsules in the morning should be enough to get you going throughout the day.
Warmly remind: All above products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.