Multivitamins Once daily
Vitamins help your body grow and work the way it should. There are 13 vitamins—vitamins A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, B6, B12, and folate. Vitamins and minerals are considered essential nutrients—because acting in concert, they perform hundreds of roles in the body. They help shore up bones, heal wounds, and bolster your immune system. They also convert food into energy, and repair cellular damage.
Vitamins present in Once Daily multivitamin include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and B-group vitamins in B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12.
- Vitamin A is essential for eye health,
- Vitamin C is involved in strengthening the blood vessels and immune system. It also contributes to wound healing, collagen production, iron absorption, and bone formation. It acts as a great antioxidant.
- Vitamin D is necessary for the healthy mineralization of bones and teeth.
- Vitamin E is a great antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress caused by the activity of free radicals.
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine is necessary for the production of various enzymes that work to help break down blood sugar (glucose metabolism).
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin is involved in the metabolism of the food we eat. It is also necessary for the growth and development of body cells. Deficiency of this vitamin may manifest as inflammation in the lips.
- Vitamin B3 or niacin has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid is involved in the production of hormonal compounds. It is also necessary for the production of energy by helping break down fats and carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is actively involved in the production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin helps the body to breakdown food materials like carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It is also involved in the production of keratin, a protein which makes up our skin, hair, and nails.
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid plays a critical role in the production of DNA and RNA, red and white blood cells. It also plays a role in converting carbohydrates into energy. Its deficiency can negatively affect an unborn baby’s nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin is necessary for the healthy functioning of the nervous system. It also plays an essential role in the production of red blood cells, DNA formation, and cell metabolism.
The minerals present in Once Daily multivitamin include calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, and molybdenum.