My Balance Nutrisentials
Probiotic 40 Billion, Digest and Defend
My Balance Probiotic 40 billion is a blend of 4 strains of bacteria (40 billion CFU/g) of Probiotic Bacteria. Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Lactobacillus paracasei. It also contains extra ingredients in marine polysaccharide complex and fructooligosaccharide.
My Balance Probiotics supplement is designed to provide a high potency and balance of beneficial bacteria. By taking it on a regular basis Probiotic-40 can help assist in maintaining healthy intestinal flora. This supplement also contains FOS to help with acidophilus and bifidus.
These bacteria are one of the most common probiotics and can be found in yogurt and other fermented foods. They produce the enzyme lactase, which breaks down lactose into lactic acid, which in turn inhibits the growth of undesirable bacteria in the gut. Lactobacillus acidophilus is known to have a lot of beneficial effects on the human body. Some of these benefits include:
- It can lower the cholesterol level in our bodies.1,2 Excess cholesterol, especially the ‘LDL’ type, is known to increase the risk of heart disease.
- It can be used to treat or prevent diarrhea. A particular research suggests it may be used to prevent diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile in adults and children.3 Another research, which evaluated up to 34 already conducted studies that probed the effect of probiotic strains like Lactobacillus acidophilus in fighting diarrhea, found probiotics to significantly reduce antibiotic-associated diarrhea by 52%, reduce the risk of traveler’s diarrhea by 8%, and reduce the associated risk of acute diarrhea among children by 57%.4
- There’s also significant evidence that Lactobacillus acidophilus can treat and prevent vaginal infections. Naturally, the lactobacillus is the most common type of bacteria in the human vagina. Its presence inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria, due to the lactic acid producing property it exhibits.
Research published in 2010 by Wang Ya et al., found short term treatment with probiotics containing Lactobacillus acidophilus to prevent and reduce the occurrence of Bacterial vaginosis in women with a history of recurrent infection. Bacterial vaginosis occurs when there’s an imbalance in the number of beneficial and harmful bacteria in the vagina.5
Another research found treatment with probiotics containing L. acidophilus to be effective in fighting vaginal Candida albicans (yeast infection), with an upper side of preventing elapse of the infection.6
- There’s some evidence that acidophilus may be quite helpful in relieving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), which is a common disorder of the large intestine characterized by abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea or constipation. Research published by Hoveyda et al. reviewed the use of probiotics in the treatment of IBS, where they found it to interestingly relieve some of the symptoms of this gastrointestinal disorder. 7 Some other studies found IBS treatment with probiotics containing L. acidophilus to reduce abdominal pain and bloating. 8,9
- Bifidobacterium lactis
Just like the L. acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis also produces lactic acid, but along with acetic acid. As a subspecies of B. animalis, it can help break down food materials, fight disease causing microorganisms, and help in nutrient absorption. B. lactis is also found in the human gut and is popularly used as a probiotic in supplements.
There are researches out there that have demonstrated the beneficial effects of B. lactis, especially on gut health. One interesting research published in 2015, assessed the effect of probiotic fermented milk containing B. lactis in reducing gastrointestinal discomfort in adults. Just as expected, the results revealed the activity of the probiotic was able to improve gastrointestinal discomfort and decrease the frequency of its symptoms.10 There are also evidences that B. lactis might help in:
- Relieving constipation 11
- Improving immunity 12, and
- Aiding weight loss. 13
- Lactobacillus plantarum
For many people seeking improved gut health, the Lactobacillus plantarum is often their go-to option for a natural reinforcement. Just like the other Lactobacillus species, L. plantarum also helps improve overall gut health by fighting off disease causing microorganisms, stimulating the digestive system, and boosting the immune system.
There’s clinical research that shows L. plantarum might be helpful in relieving some of the symptoms of IBS. Patients with IBS were divided into two groups. One group were given a capsule containing L. plantarum, while the other was given just a placebo, for a period of four weeks. At the end of the research, subjects given L. plantarum capsule appeared to have decreased pain and bloating than those given a placebo. 14
- Lactobacillus paracasei
The L. paracasei is also found in the human gut, including the intestines and mouth. In foods, it is found in fermented vegetables, yogurt, cheese, and milk. Just like its sister species, L. paracasei can improve overall gut health, by boosting and reducing the numbers of beneficial and harmful bacteria respectively. They can improve nutrient absorption from food materials and promote intestinal epithelial cell growth. 15
There’s also some evidence that L. paracasei can act as an anti-inflammatory. This property was especially important in fighting allergies, with supporting evidence that this probiotic can improve symptoms of nasal congestion, itching, and swollen eyes.16
- Other ingredients
The extra ingredients in the “Probiotic 40 billion” are marine polysaccharide complex and fructooligosaccharide.
As the principal component of the cell wall structures of sea weeds or exoskeletons of crustaceans, marine polysaccharide complex is proven to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-obesity, anti-diabetic, anti-coagulant, immunomodulatory, and cardioprotective properties.17
Fructooligosaccharides on the other hand, have been touted to have important benefits in reducing cholesterol levels, improving mineral absorption, and acting as a prebiotic (feed the good bacteria in the gut). 18
My balance Probiotics Utilizes MAKTREK Bi-Pass Technology Lessonia nigrescens Extract (Marine Polysaccharide Complex) to prevent the destruction of probiotics by stomach acid. This is achieved by placing live bacteria in acid-resisting capsules with seaweed extract (marine polysaccharide complex). This delivery system ensures that probiotics stay alive and potent.
Only living probiotics are capable of performing metabolic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant side effects. The probiotic bacteria are enrobed by an extract of Brown Seaweed (Lessonia nigrescens) called complex marine polysaccharides.
Once blended the final powder is encapsulated.
When the capsule is swallowed it will come in contact with the stomach acid. The acid will then dissolve the capsule. The complex marine polysaccharides will form a secondary internal capsule protecting the living probiotic cells from the acid. This step is a proprietary all-natural buffering system that helps to support the in-transit digestive environment condition. Probiotic cells prefer balance, and this system supports this balance. The MAKTrek® Probiotic Delivery System has been scientifically studied using a specified stomach acid exposure simulation. During this simulation the MAKTrek® protected probiotic supplement showed greater survival than simply acid protection alone. (19)
- Help Strengthen the Body's Defenses
- Boost digestive Health
- Great For Women’s General Health
- Helps Replenish Healthy Bacteria
Probiotic 40 Billion, Digest and Defend